(Bloomberg) — A global rout in stock markets sparked by concerns over China Evergrande Group hit the world’s biggest fortunes Monday, with the richest 500 people losing a combined US$135 billion.
Tagged By shenzhen
Beijing unlikely to save Evergrande, report says
Evergrande, the massive Chinese real estate developer that rattled the US market on Monday after reports that it is struggling to avoid defaulting on $89 billion in debt, is unlikely to benefit from a …
China keeps virus at bay at high cost ahead of Olympics
The Beizhong International Travel Agency in the eastern city of Tianjin has had only one customer since coronavirus outbreaks that began in July prompted Chinese leaders to renew city lockdowns and …
China likely won’t bail out Evergrande directly unless there’s ‘far-reaching contagion,’ S&P says
Fears over a potential contagion from embattled developer China Evergrande Group dragged down the Hang Seng index in Hong Kong by more than 3% on Monday.
Political firestorm surrounding Milley’s phone calls with China ignored on CBS, NBC, CNN Sunday shows
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley has been at the center of a political firestorm regarding his actions in the final weeks of the Trump presidency, which has gotten zero attention…
Evergrande: Asia stocks down as investors weigh China concerns
Major stock exchanges in mainland China were closed on Monday and Tuesday for the annual mid-Autumn festival. Monday’s sell-off was primarily driven by concerns that Evergrande – one of China’s …
European markets set for higher open despite nerves over China; Fed meeting ahead
European stocks are expected to open higher on Tuesday, bouncing back from heightened investor nerves over a Chinese property developer.
China Evergrande fears grip markets as Beijing stands back, for now
The risks of China Evergrande Group defaulting on its mountain of debt loomed large over nervous markets on Tuesday, as investors looked for signs of intervention by Beijing to stem any potential …
Chinese mainland reports 72 confirmed COVID-19 cases
The Chinese mainland recorded 72 confirmed COVID-19 cases on Monday, including 42 cases of local transmission of the virus, all in southeast China’s Fujian Province, the latest data from the National …
‘Lots of body bags outside Wuhan lab’: Trump’s new China Covid claim
The idea that the deadly Covid-19 pandemic originated in a Wuhan lab was once widely dismissed as little more than a fanciful conspiracy theory. But today, …
S&P does not expect Beijing to provide any direct support to embattled Evergrande
S&P Global Ratings said it does not expect Beijing to provide any direct support to embattled China Evergrande Group , amid growing investor fears the property giant could default on its debt mountain …
China’s COVID-19 vaccines for UN peacekeepers arrive in Denmark
A consignment of China’s Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines arrived on Monday in Copenhagen as the Chinese government’s donation for United Nations Peacekeeping personnel.
Expert: Shenzhen’s Qianhai offers opportunities for HK
China unveiled a plan earlier this month to further develop the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone.
